Monday, March 9, 2009

A picture update

Ahem, well. So it's been four months now. And for those of you that know that it's been four months, not really much I can say, but please forgive me and I am sorry.

We will post again soon with more details about how he's doing and what is going on, but in the meantime, may I atone for my sin of negligence with a lot of pictures?

Here are a few from around Christmas ...




We've had some snow in South Carolina ...

"No, really mom, I've having fun!"


But more importantly, on February 27th, Samuel had his 1st Birthday. We weren't always sure if we'd make it, but the Lord sustained us through a very trying year and we are extremely grateful for it.

Sweet boy with his sweet mama

Samuel slept through most of his party

He was able to be awake for the presents

He is able to see some, and he loves light toys.
So ... we had a light toy birthday party ...



While he didn't have any cake (still G-tube feeding only), we did try to put a little ice cream cake on his tongue. He wasn't a big fan, though he was a little curious. Sure tasted different than his fingers or his favorite stuffed animal!

Ever the proud big sister


We are in the process of ordering prints from pictures we've taken over the years in an attempt to actually have some photo albums (not sure if anyone knows what those are anymore, but we like them). Just ordered almost 600 prints, just from 2008. So here are just a few representative pics of the last few months.

just hanging out on the floor


being loved


He's not crawling, but definitely able to skootch away from where you put him down!


Not exactly sure what she was going for here. Maybe an impression.


He isn't sitting up by himself yet as his muscle tone is still pretty poor. He is however, making progress, though, as this picture shows, he tires out. "Can I be done yet?"


Thought I'd sign off for now with a smile from our sweet boy ...


12 comments:

Ed said...

Happy birthday to Samuel! And congratulations on making it through this year-- it has been a true ringer.

We miss y'all. Maybe we can catch up by phone soon, Grant.

Super Maw Maw said...

He is so precious and you all must be awed by God's sustaining power.

Without Ceasing,
Cheryl Babington

Chris and Emily said...

Loved seeing all the pics. He just looks so great and has certainly has grown a ton since the NICU days!! Happy Late Birthday to Samuel. We just celebrated Cohen's too and I thought of you guys lots!!

Much love and continued prayers.

Emily McGowan

Rebecca Sibley said...

Yeh, thanks for the wonderful pictures and update!! Love to your family from ours!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God for Samuel's first birthday! I got tears in my eyes as I read about his "light" toy birthday..how precious. We continue to think about you all and pray for Samuel. Grant please give Sara my love...miss you all.
Catherine

Doris~g2k said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family photo! As I've said before, we know some of the path you've walked (another kidney stone surgery for Jeff 4/8), but God has granted us SO MANY miraculous answers to SO MANY prayers! HE is SO AWESOME!!! I've been praying that y'all will be able to make the reunion in July (we expect to be there with Jeff, and I know Alexa is planning to be there). I envision a weekend FULL of praise by all who can attend!!

Much love and continued prayers,
Doris (Beachy) Lancaster

Sue K. said...

So good to have an update again! What a precious little guy. And that red hair!!! =D He has such a sweet smile. God did not make a mistake when he chose the family for Samuel .....

Rachel said...

Thanks for the great update. Samuel is so cute and lovable. I just melt when I look at him! I know we have been saying this for a year but I really want our families to get together!!! Happy Late Birthday Samuel!!!

Kat said...

Thanks for the picture update. It's great to see your beautiful family as they're all getting bigger. Hope to catch up soon!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

the picture of all the whirling light toys brought tears to my eyes - just knowing what a great celebration it is to be at this milestone, and how our Great Father is so proud of this little one.

we love you guys.

gibbs fam

Josh Bradley said...

I meet you guys on the Swamp Rabbit Trail on Friday and I thought I would try to look you up and see if you guys were online. Blog looks great! Our site is www.trisomy18hope.com. You guys seem to have a great family. It was a joy to meet you!

Andy P. said...

You have the most beautiful children. Thanks for sharing the pics.