Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wow, long time no post indeed

Friends - thanks for checking back in with us. Please do forgive the LONG silence from us here in Beachy-world. The fact that you're reading this is an encouragement to me, a reminder that we're not alone in all this. In some ways there's been a lot of not much happening here - if that makes sense. And in other ways we haven't posted b/c there's been so much other stuff to do and get done.

So ... as has happened a few times in the past, we'll just post some pictures and let them do the talking (for the most part).



Last weekend, all of my family was able to come into town for Samuel's baptism. While they were here we celebrated a lot of things all at once: the baptism, AC's birthday, Aunt Bethany's birthday & Steve and Lori's Anniversary.







While Sara and I were off in NC at a Conference this past week, Aunt Lori and Grammy kept the kiddos. They did a lot of stuff with them, including a haircut and trying new things with Samuel ...




Here are a few pictures of things that Samuel is up to: spending more time sitting up (with help), enjoying his light toy and sleeping sweetly (though rarely for long intervals).






Hopefully here before long we'll post with more details about how life has been for us these last weeks/months. Until then, thank you for checking in and may the love of God the Father be yours.

9 comments:

thedemints said...

Grant & Sara,
thanks for posting...i love all the pictures, and Samuel looks like he's doing great. we miss ya'll & hope your week in NC was a good one.c

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures. So glad to see everyone. Hope to talk to you soon. Love you all.

Genna said...

We check in often and are so happy to see more pictures! Our dear friends, the Maynors, mentioned that they met you. They may also have mentioned that Furman U is in our top 3 pics for jobs this coming year...Timmy Udouj is praying that Matthew lands the job in the Econ department :) He and Matthew are long time friends.

Keep posting. It is good to get to pray for you guys AND see you in pictures!

Catherine said...

Grant and Sara,
Great to see pictures of your kiddos...Samuel looks great..he is getting so big...loved the pic in the swing...he looks so happy. Give Sara a hug from me. Miss you guys.
Catherine in St. Louis

Caroline said...

glad y'all posted. the pictures are awesome -- and samuel looks great! miss you guys.

Lauren said...

Grant and Sara,

Thank you so much for the pictures. I'm so glad I got to see you all even if just for a little while not too long ago. I miss you all and love you very much. I can't believe AC is 5 tomorrow!!! Just want you to know that you are all so special to me and I'm thankful for you. All the pictures are so great and I love seeing Samuel in so many different settings. I hope the Wonder Center is as good as we all hoped. Love yall and I'll hopefully talk to you all tomorrow on AC's bday!!

Love \
Lauren

Leslie said...

Hi. Thanks for posting!!! I've missed knowing what is going on. Were you at Sonship?? I knew at least 3 couples that want from my work. But maybe you were in NC for another reason. Sara - I hope to catch up with you soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting in the middle of what has to be a crazy busy day-to-day, let alone traveling here and there. God is so big. I know you are receiving His grace each moment, and I pray more and more for you. Your kids are beautiful. So grown up from 15 months ago! And of course Samuel was just a bean back then...Sure would love to stop by and cuddle him for a couple of hours! He keeps getting more handsome each time you post pictures. I miss the crazy mohawk, though. Would love to know more about his auditory and visual accomplishments when you can post again. Give everyone hugs for me although AC and C might not remember me. But I remember them!

Cousin Donna in Delaware

Anonymous said...

Dear Grant and Sarah,
It was great to see the pictures of all of your family together! Your family is receiving love from many other corners as well. Samuel does look great! His haircut was wonderful. Did your mom do that? (I remember cutting her hair many years ago!) As we remember you in prayer, we continue to ask God to bless you with His great love, and give you strength for each new day. He is faithful. Sending our love and best regards to all, Dick and Ginny